Last week saw the end of our first internship. It was great having Chengjue on board with us from Melbourne University and we all learnt together through this experience. As a part of Chengjue’s conclusion presentation, following the lean principles that we teach, we asked Chengjue to undertake a “check and adjust” using a simple “keep, stop, start” tool on the internship experience.
If we were to do this again, what should we keep doing, stop doing and start doing?
This has given us the opportunity to learn from Chengjue’s experience which will enable us to improve how we can deliver value and support the growth of our youth through programs like this.
The key message from Chengjue around here reasons for undertaking the internship were:
- A chance to experience and learn in the real consulting industry;
- Understanding the practical application of problem solving methodologies and business modelling;
- A platform to get involved with the local community; and
- A way of building confidence.
Chengjue believed that we delivered these experiences and we would like to take this opportunity to thank the following clients for allowing Chengjue to experience their organisations:
- Latrobe City Council;
- South Gippsland Shire Council;
- City of Casey Council;
- Regional Development Australia;
- Hydro and Pneumatic; and
- Appin Hall Children’s Foundation.
It can be a big impost on a small business but the broader benefits outside of our business will help shape the future of Chengjue.
We would also like to thank Victoria Whelan, mentor at Melbourne University, for giving us this opportunity and finally…..Well Done Chengjue!